1. If Facebook were a country, it would be the world’s second largest.
2. Facebook acquired WhatsApp for $19 billion in February. Apple could buy nine WhatsApp’s.
3. The site has 1.35 billion monthly active users.
4. 1/7 people on earth access Facebook at least monthly on a mobile device.
5. Mark Zuckerberg owns Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Pages Manager, Paper, Slingshot, Instagram, WhatsApp and Moves..
6. Facebook has 1 billion more users than Twitter.
7. 900 million people use Facebook’s messaging apps.
8. Facebook has 1.5 million active advertisers.
- via @EliLanger-
Hardware + Software = ?
Apple and IBM announced a partnership today that will make over 100 business apps available exclusively for iPhones and iPads. Security will be a priority in these platforms.
The partnership may negatively affect Blackberry, which has declined in popularity but was once the primary choice of business clients.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said the partnership was “a couple of years” in the making.
"It takes the best of Apple and the best of IBM and puts those together…they’re totally complementary," Cook said. "This is all about transforming enterprise."
Martha Stewart is not happy about her broken iPad that Steve Jobs gave her, tweeting yesterday:
@MarthaStewart: i cannot believe that Apple Public Relations is mad at me for tweeting about my Ipad and how to get it fixed! steve jobs gave it to me!
It didn’t end there: http://cnb.cx/1eLXlTw